Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gardening Inspiration: Borders and Fencelines

Here are a few of the things I have PINNED on PINTEREST that have inspired me to think about border plantings and plantings along the fenceline in the front yard.  Warning..these pictures will truly make you want to run to a Nursery in the dead of winter...but fortunately they will not have these plants yet in my corner of the world.

Source: google.com via Kristine on Pinterest


Source: google.com via Kristine on Pinterest








Source: google.com via Kristine on Pinterest


Source: bhg.com via Kristine on Pinterest




Source: bhg.com via Kristine on Pinterest


Source: hgtv.com via Kristine on Pinterest





What are your favorite perennials?

Here is a picture of my very boring front yard as it is today.   I have big plans but that is the problem...too many things that I like.


It's pretty much a clean slate.  We had many overgrown bushes removed last spring.  Right now there is black tarp and lots of mulch.  There is about a foot in front of the fence that is mulched and ready to plant a row of something and there is a lot of room behind the fence for new bushes, etc.  The picture is a little deceiving.
 I cannot decide on a landscaping color scheme...whether I want a more manicured landscape with boxwoods or a fluffy cottagey look.  Things I know are daylilies.  I don't ever have much luck with roses; however, I know that shrub roses are relatively carefree (at least that is what I have read).  Honestly, the picture that speaks to me the most is the picture above with the pink roses along the fenceline.

What do you think?

I'm linking up to the Pinning and Singing Linky Party

13 comments:

Lori said...

I just followed on the new linky,so follow back so we can stay connected. Thanks Lori

Designing Domesticity said...

Loving all your floral images as of late - really making me think of spring. We've got big plans for more outdoor work this spring/summer as well, so keep those inspirational images coming! Thanks for sharing, liz

Anonymous said...

Since your house is more of a modern/ranch I wouldn't go with the pink roses. Maybe white ones?

dee dee said...

Oh all your ideas are wonderful and I think they could all work in your yard! I think we will be in the same boat this year.... landscape, landecape, landscape!
Dee Dee

Eclectically Vintage said...

I love hydrangeas and a row of them would be amazing! Just depends on the amount of sun (I had to move mine that was getting too much). Can't wait to see. Following on the new Link tool.
Kelly

Erin~Just*Grand said...

Popping in from At The Picket Fence. Love your blog. We have a little lake cottage and I dream of full time lake living someday... I am your newest follower.

michelle said...

how exciting to have a blank slate to work with! I too love the roses on the picket fence!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Yes! I love the roses and vote for them. I'm no gardener by any means so I don't know how hard it would be. But every picket fence needs some roses! Gorgeous inspiration here!

Naila Moon said...

Oh all of these idea are just beautiful. I love the little cottages.
~Naila Moon

http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/fridaywhee.html

Janel@hatingmartha said...

So pretty! Makes you want to grab a cup of coffee and sit in their yards for a bit. I wonder if they would find that weird? I love lavender. It's pretty, hardy, and smells marvelous!

iheartsunnydays said...

Oh I LOVE the pink roses and lavender, so pretty and bright. I can almost smell them! Unfortunately I can't grow these in the tropics where I am, which makes me a little sad. I'm sure it will look gorgeous with whatever you plant :)

CraveCute said...

These are all gorgeous pins. It's all about the plant zone, soil type and weather conditions. Once you get that figured out plant up a storm!

classic • casual • home said...

Oh my gosh...so many great ideas...but lots of work. Can't wait to see the progress.