Monday, January 9, 2012

Pinning Plants In The Kitchen

One of my very favorite things to do when I look at a dreamy kitchen or any space for that matter is to ask myself "What makes this space SOOOO beautiful?"  And 99% of the time, I am drawn to the plants and the floral arrangements in the space or the fresh fruit...

If you are like me, plants don't stay alive long...because they are forgotten and the expectations put on them to live forever without water just doesn't seem to work out too well.

I love to garden and plan for flower beds but for some reason I just don't do too well with the indoor varieties.  So, my goal this year is to bring some plants into the house...the kitchen and the sunroom so that we can enjoy them and TRY not to kill them.

I found some inspiration on Pinterest to show you what I mean...look for the plants and arrangements in each picture...do you agree?

























Source: kirtsy.com via Kristine on Pinterest





I hope you are all having a wonderful
beginning to your week.  I would love to know what you plant indoors...please share!

Kristine

I'm linking up to:
5 Minutes Just for Me

4 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

I love having fresh herbs in my kitchen but I also love these ideas of having plants in the kitchen too! Great pins-thanks for sharing them!

I am hosting my weekly Pinterest linky party at the moment so if you have 5 minutes to spare please pop by and maybe even link up this pinteresting post!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Mellodee said...

I'm definitely not the one to ask!! I have been guilty of multiple instances of plantricide over the years! I'm lucky if I can keep a philodendren going for more than a few months and almost anyone can grown a philodendren! Even my silk faux plants don't stay healthy looking! My mom had the only green thumb in our family. Mine is black as coal!! :)

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

Believe it or not, I find it much easier to keep indoor plants alive at fifty than I did at thirty. I have a great Rabbit's foot fern and a Christmas cactus that will not be killed! Orchids, on the other hand...

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

You are sooo right! Plants do bring the rooms to life! xo