Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dark Kitchen Cabinets...Inspiration Part 4

This nautical inspired kitchen is just stunning.  I guess it is a little combination of dark and white cabinets...a compromise of sorts.
Source:  House Beautiful

the vegetable bowl, the baskets, the hardware,
the ships...and we can't forget the
white paneled walls.



very bright and airy...and isn't the floor amazing?


This concludes my inspiration of dark cabinetry.  I hope that those of you with dark cabinets out there don't feel like your kitchen is hopeless after this series of posts.  You CAN make changes in other areas:  hardware, backsplash, tile wall accents, accessories and countertops without ripping everything out or spending countless hours painting. 

Maybe a compromise in your cabinetry like this one would be a solution as well?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kristine

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Ohhh..I love this one too! This confirmed an idea I had to replace the upper cabinets only, leaving bottom and existing granite intact. I LOVE this look. Thanks for the inspiration!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Gorgeous kitchen Kristine! I just love two toned cabinetry.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

These are so pretty! I've been re-doing my cabinets in white, but plan to re-do the breakfast bar area in a different color...I'm strongly considering going dark. Thanks for the inspiration photos!

linda keaveney said...

another great design plan...great work on hunting these all down...did you use them as inspiration for your own renos???

I actually took the doors off my cabinets at my cottage, and painted the inside white. Works well, when you have weekend guests, and they can see instantly where everything goes!!

Linda :o)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I've really enjoyed your dark cabinet series. This one is truly stunning. Thanks for all the shares!

Town and Country Gals said...

Kristine,
What great inspiration photos! This kitchen is stunning, love everything about it! Just found your blog and am your newest follower! Looking forward to visiting often! Would love for you to visit me!
Rebecca