Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dark Kitchen Cabinets...Inspiration Part 2


My Sweet Savannah did a post recently about this kitchen.  I found this kitchen in a House Beautiful magazine this summer while vacationing in Colorado...and fell in love with it.  I refer to this July/August edition regularly.  Aren't the cabinets and island lovely?


Look at all of the detailed touches...white dishes, white shelves and fresh arrangements...sparkling silver and oil paintings.  The white really brightens the space and the wood cabinets really "ground" the space.

This other kitchen was featured in the very same edition of the magazine. 

~Just love those rustic oak cabinets.~

What do you think?

Kristine

5 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I think these are gorgeous! The white shelves at the top really open things up. The white tile also helps. Seems many of the houses with dark cabinets have dark tile too. I hope what you're showing becomes more of a trend. A light and bright kitchen just looks so fresh.

Ginger Zuck said...

Love the white. It looks so fresh and clean. I love wood though and I am so drown to the rustic. This would be great if your kitchen is open and has plenty of light!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love those wood cabinets, very deep too. I'm drawn to wood more then the white, although before the one we remodeled totally 2 years ago, was white. By my posts thumnails maybe there is our kitchen remodel, I know you'd like it Kristine. I like the white tiles against the wood cabinets. Thank you for your lovely visit. I'm going to see more of your kitchens.
Happy Kings Day 2012!
FABBY

Sophia's said...

I'm so happy that you've been featuring dark cabinetry! I love both white and dark and I ended up with an ebony stain in our new house. Even though it is more of a modern look, I find that my black vintage scales and black and white pottery work well with it. I totally agree with you about it hiding the grime and fingerprints too! With three kids, our previous white kitchen showed everything.

dee dee said...

We think so much alike, this edition by far had some of my favorite kitchens too! Very beautiful!
Dee Dee