Friday, January 6, 2012

Blog Nicely. Period.


First of all..no, that isn't me. 

Now, in the blogging world, I'm not an old-timer (referring to my time in blog-land)...but I have been blogging here at Lakeshore for over a year. So, anyway, I don't know if I am "qualified" to tell you what to do, but that's never stopped me before lol.

You may have this appearance at this point:


BUT, I really think you will benefit from this information.

Some bloggy tips for all bloggers:

1.  Always link back if you are part of a linky party.  It's just plain RUDE if you don't.  And why would you want to be rude?  You may think...oh, they'll never notice meeee.  But they do.  Many link parties look at all of the links that have signed up for the week and you really MUST do as your told and link up appropriately.  Some of you don't know how, right?  You just type in your link and then you don't know how to link back in your post?  Well, all you do is type the name of the blog you are linking to for example:

At the Picket Fence

and then you take your mouse and hightlight those words...

and then you look up in the bar of offerings/choices and click on Link...you can't miss it, it's in blue and it's underlined. 

Then a little window will pop up.  You can then enter the http:// of the site you are linking back to and hit enter.  That's it, you're done.  It will look so much better and you will feel better too.  It's the right thing to do.

Ok...moving on.

2.  Would you please remove the word authentication off your comments?  You will have more comments for each post if you will do this.  It's not a must but would make me soooo happy.

3.  Don't be stingy with the Follow buttons.  What's it gonna hurt you to Follow someone with Google Friend Connect?  huh?  If someone Follows you...do the kind thing and Follow them back for heaven's sake. And if someone is teetering on a 99...you really MUST push them over to 100 or 200 or 300 for that matter.  It's simple science..lol.  And it's just plain nice.  If they don't have a link back within their information when you click the tiny little square on your blog, you can simply go to your Google box and type in the name of their blog and well, you can find it easily.

4.  Don't leave ugly comments. Keep your ugly thoughts to yourself.

Don't get all fussy with me.

Turn that frown upside down...

There.  That's better.

Ok...that's it for now.
Don't be hatin'.  Share the blog loooove.
Lighten up. It's all good in blogland.
Lots of lovely ladies.

10 comments:

At The Picket Fence said...

Amen and Amen again my friend! :-) I kept kicking myself that I couldn't "follow" you again to tip you over to 200 when I saw you hovering at 199. LOL! Almost went and registered under an alias but now I see someone else beat me to it and legitimately too! :-) Every single thing you said is true and should fall under the "common sense" category but for some reason that doesn't always exist anymore. Thanks for sharing this!
Vanessa

Natasha in Oz said...

Great post! I hope that lots of people read your wise advice and are inspired to link back to the host when joining in with linky parties!

I love the funny pics you found!

Happy 2012!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

linda keaveney said...

I guess I am still a "virgin" in the blogging world...3 months in!!!
haven't experienced any of that, but I can't see why anyone would bother being rude...your blog is beautiful to look at and read..
bully for you...

cheers!!

Linda :o)

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

Oh, yes! Push us over! (I finally broke 50 this week...yay! And I am following...returning the favor.)

Heather said...

I got my first spam comment this week--boo, hiss! I used to be bashful about following, but I'm getting better. I like your suggestion to push people over the hurdle if they are close. Someone out there, push me to 90!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Well said and a timely reminder. I have never left a nasty comment and I have never been on the receiving end of one either. I think it would totally ruin my day!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Couldn't agree more! especially with that #3! I hate when I follow people and comment on their blog and they just never follow back! I also think it is common courtesy that if someone frequently leaves nice comments on your blog you should leave them one once in a while...

Thanks for this post,
Rachel :)

Simone said...

Ha, Ha loved your blog etiquette! I couldn't decide whether I loved the content or the photos more - just perfect!!!!

Heather said...

I'm back again. You are so sweet! THANK YOU for becoming my 90th follower!

anangloinquebec said...

Well said. I just found you and glad I did. Looks like a lot of fun around here so I am all signed up! I have had a good experience so far but yes I agree with the following business. It really is a simple thing to do and...why not?