Friday, December 2, 2011

Stocking Pillows


In my search for cute Christmas pillows year after year, I was struck by the fact that they are so expensive...at least for really nice ones...and also, I really didn't like many of them...either too cheesy or too fussy.

There are a lot more choices for stockings and they seem to be more inexpensive. Many times after Christmas you can find ONE really pretty one for a real deal because the others have been sold and everyone wants their stockings to match, right? So, I decided that stockings could be stuffed with filler and made into Christmas pillows and for someone who is not good at sewing, this is a fairly easy project.

For this project, I turned the stocking inside out and stitched the top leaving a 2 inch hole. (Sorry, no pictures but I am just sure you understand, right?) I then stuffed the stocking pillow and completed the stitching. This works best with stockings that have some kind of fringe at the top to hide your stitching a little better and to make it not so obvious (most stockings have something at the top nowadays, especially the more formal stockings). Then, you are done! It is so easy and I think the pillows are fun, different and add a little something to your couch or chair.

I hope this works for you and can give you some ideas to inspire you!

I'm linking up to:  Chic on a Shoestring and Fridays Unfolded
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk's

Kristine

8 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a fun and creative idea. I love how pretty they are and the fabrics are fabulous. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Oh what a fun and creative idea you have come up with here. Love it! You may have just started a new trend :)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

So creative and cute too! Love them!

At The Picket Fence said...

Love this Kristine and I plan on knocking it off big time! LOL! I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for the after Christmas sales and "stock" (hee hee) up on some for next year. :-)
Vanessa

Honey at 2805 said...

This is a brilliant idea Kristine! Your stocking pillows are terrific!

Adrienne said...

I just came to visit from Kim at Savy Southern Style. I love your stocking pillows. They're just perfect! What a great idea. I'll be back to visit often.
~Adrienne~

dee dee said...

Beautiful way to use a stocking! Love the way the pillows bring that perfect little extra!
Dee Dee

Jeanette said...

I love it!!!! So creative!