Friday, December 9, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

How lovely are thy branches.

We chose a live tree this year and it smells SO good.
Next to the tree is an antique buffet that has another family treasure on it.


Not only Santa (another from my Russian collection)



but his sleigh...and...

8 tiny reindeer.




 The sleigh and reindeer are from Thailand and have been in our family for a long time.  My parents purchased it there when my Dad was in the Army.  We moved there was I was just 2 months old.  I hit a milestone birthday next month with a 4 in it so that tells you how old this little treasure is.


And under the tree is another favorite family piece.  It is German and we used it for many years to place under the tree when I was growing up as a tree skirt or mat.   I am using it this year to lay in a large basket that will soon be full of presents (if I can get to wrapping).



 I still find colored tree lights to be as dreamy and wonderful as I
did when I was a little girl laying under the tree with the kitty looking up at the branches.

Do you have all your presents wrapped?

Kristine

Common Ground (Vintage Christmas)
2805 (Christmas Trees)
French Country Cottage (Christmas Vignettes)
and Honey We're Home for the
Christmas Cheer Christmas Tree Linky Party.
Masterpiece Monday

There is so much to see!

13 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

Your tree is beautiful and festive. The vignettes are lovely and I really like the use of vintage items you used throughout!

I hope you will visit Hometalk, the generous sponsor of the $100 Pottery Barn Gift Card!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your tree is gorgeous with such pretty oragie-gold tones to it, just great! I love the herd of little reindeers, so cute walking around all the vitage books...such a magical vignette. Lovely. Merry Christmas. FABBY

Pattie said...

Your Christmas Tree looks very German It's beautiful.

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your tree is so beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing all your special treasures.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kristine not only is your tree beautiful that whole area is!! LOVE IT! Martina

Maria Elena said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors!

linda keaveney said...

I stumbled upon your blog...very inspiring..gorgeous decorating! I also have a cottage on a lake, but merely for weekends and holidays..would love you to visit my blog and leave your thoughts
Cheers!

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Beautiful decor and beautiful tree! Thanks for sharing!

Simone said...

I have become somewhat obsessed with reindeer this year, and your gorgeous little gold flock is delightful, great decorating ideas!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

How beautiful Kristin! Your home is so lovely and you dressed up so very pretty for the Christmas season. Cute card too!

Sherry said...

Very nice. Really pretty tree! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Savvy Seasons said...

Everything is so beautiful, warm, and festive! You've done a phenomenal job! Happy Holidays! xo ~Liz

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

Pretty tree!! Thanks for linking up:)