Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Vintage Front Entrance Ready for Christmas Guests

 Today, I thought I would share the vignette in my front entrance.  There are a lot of family treasures found in this vignette that we enjoy each year and a new piece or two.


 This striped cloth on the buffet is actually a petticoat that my husband's grandmother made to go with a skirt for a Valentine's dance.  My MIL offered it to me so that my oldest daughter could wear it for dressup...but oh no, it is too much of a treasure for that...so it graduated to Christmas decor.  I love the ruffles on it.

 I found this little baby Jesus in our local antique store hidden on a bottom shelf in a corner booth...so I took him home and made him mine.  The little pink ball was one of my grandmother's ornaments and I have loved it for many years.


 Do you see the Christmas tree topper behind Santa?  Also, one of my Grandmother's.  The lights don't work in it anymore and I cannot figure out how to replace them so it joined my basket of goodies.




 The silver bell garland was found at the Christmas store in Estes Park this summer. 
I think it is fun and love it's vintage look.






The old bucket was found at my husband's grandparents farm in western Oklahoma as well as the milk can to the right of the buffet.


And there you have it.  My front entrance. 

I'm linking up to:


You can find lots of GREAT decorating ideas there!

Kristine

13 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

One word describes your entrance, GORGEOUS!! Martina

Shelia said...

Oh, my, I love this! What a beautiful post!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Such a pretty post. I felt like I was walking through a holiday boutique. Thanks for linking up!

Cozy Little House said...

It's looking mighty fine and full of holiday cheer at your place! Very inspirational photos!
Brenda

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

Your Christmas decorations are so warm and inviting and your home is gorgeous. I took a look at some of your past posts and think your blog is just beautiful. I am following you know and will be back soon. Patty

At The Picket Fence said...

I love all of your treasures Kristine and the history behind this beautiful vignette! The petticoat is just so fabulous and what a fun heirloom. :-) You have such a great way of pulling together your pieces and have created the perfect Christmas entry! Thanks so much for sharing it at Inspiration Friday this week~
Vanessa
P.S. Thanks for your sweet comment too! :-)

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

Very festive!! I am hoping I have time to do some of that soon! :) thanks so much four comment yesterday on my post. I'd bring it right over if I was closer! He he! Have a great weekend!

Kerryanne English said...

A perfect welcome to your home.

I'd love for you to pop over and share this project at my Inspiration Party for Simply Christmas at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday.html

Honey at 2805 said...

What a fabulous greeting your guest will have when entering you home! This is gorgeous!!

Thank you for linking this wonderful post to Potpourri Friday!

Sherry said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Over Caffeinated Mama said...

You are AMAZING... instead of me coming to you, how bout you road trip to me and help me make sense of this chaos of a house? :)

Olive Cooper said...

You were so smart to turn those ruffles into a table scarf-what a family treasure. The whole vignette is wonderful.

Jann Olson said...

Hi, your entire vignette is just wonderful. I too love the striped ruffles. Great for your display. Having a few of your grandmothers Christmas decorations is such a treasure. Love the old bucket also.