Monday, December 5, 2011

I am a Christmas Copycat!


Earlier, I shared the picture below from the 2007 Christmas Edition of Country Living with you and then jolted off to copy it for myself.  I am proud to say that I did not purchase anything.


  Here you go...my version. 
Not exactly the same...but mine none the less.







 I had so much fun today pulling down all of my jars and filling them with little treasures.

 I really do love to stick a bottle brush tree into a cup...
just makes it fancy.







 He looks like someone from Rudolph who has been caught in a blizzard...poor guy.  but oh so cute...and has been with us for a long time. He gets lost in the tree, but here we can enjoy him a little more.  I didn't have the Santa mugs that were so darling in the magazine, but I thought if I pulled out a few of my favorite Santas it would still be special.


So what do you think?  I would love to know.

I am linking up to Debbie Doos for the first part of the first part of the Christmas Block Party...the Copycat Challenge.








Kristine

17 comments:

Mellodee said...

I LOVE yours!! The magazine one is too much....too many colors, no cohesion. Yours is perfect! Two shelves is just right, I'd give you the prize (if there was one!)

:)

stefanie said...

love it ALL!!!!

Jeanette said...

Adorable!!! I would have to go out and buy all those little elves and trees. And have my husband hang shelves :) You are too good at this!!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I totally adore your shelves. They are wonderful and you have them displayed beautifully. Love how you added some Christmas Decor to them. Perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

At The Picket Fence said...

Soooooo fantastic Kristine!! I just love that you used things you had on hand and it looks so fun and festive. I'm thinking I need to go stuff some trees in my kiddos silver baby cups now. LOL! So glad you are joining in the blogger block party and can't wait to see more of your beautiful home. :-)
Vanessa

Olive Cooper said...

Yours is one of my favorite copy cat entries. The shelves and jars just evoke a simpler and more charming time. I found two of those vintage Santa mugs recently. Happy Christmas ♥ Olive

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I love it!! Yours really does look better than CL's. So charming!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Your shelves look fantastic and so festive... I adore the little santa in the sugar jar~!! what a cute idea.

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

You are a fantastic copy cat! So very charming. Thanks so much for sharing with the holiday copy cat challenge!

Jo's This and That said...

I love it! Great job!

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

I really love yours better!!! Looks beautiful!

mrshinesclass said...

It's fun, festive and beautiful! Was that Rudolph in one of those jars?

Sharon @ mrshinesclass

Handmade by Hilani said...

Love it all, right up my alley!

Veronica said...

Hi Christine ...your open shelves are great and very festive...something I have wanted for a long while and I think it will look good behind my desk, some open shelves.

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Everything on your shelves is just charming! I just purchased my first bottle brush tree. I really like how you put them into cups. I may just have to copy you!

Pamela Gordon said...

I remember that page in the magazine. It was a favorite of mine and I think you did a great job of doing a similar thing on your beautiful shelves! It all looks very sweet!

Sherry said...

This is so, so, cute! I love it! What a good job you did copying that! I like yours better! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry