Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Card 2011


We ordered many, many cards the other day and they should arrive soon and then  I will have to address them all (something has to be done by hand...I just can't do the whole thing on computer...just seems too impersonal.)  We have a process for doing these here at our house.  We keep a small bowl of water on the table and dip a paper towel in it regularly to keep in moist...not too wet.  We use that to wet each envelope so no licking is required.  Then we slip them under a phone book to seal them up.  After they have sealed and dried a few hours later I get to work on the addressing and stamping.  My kids love to help stick the stamps on so a few go on upside down or a little sideways, but that makes it more special and personal ;)

I have already received many, many cards and I look forward to getting more...they just make me smile each day when they arrive.  I stick them all in a big basket and after Christmas, I like to sit in a chair, drink hot chocolate and read all of the letters that were sent.  It is a wonderful way to catch up on what old and new friends are up to.

It has been a very challenging year...the move over to Lakeshore Cottage, keeping up with the kid's schedules and I even had a breast cancer scare earlier this year that was terrifying to say the least.  After many tests and an MRI it was found to not be cancer after all.  I know that the Lord truly delivered me from all of that.  This year I was blessed to direct the Children's Christmas Program at church and the children were perfect...I am sure God was smiling down on them.  I turn 40 in January and my girlfriends and husband surprised me with a girl's cruise.  Mid-January I will be cruising with 6 of my very good friends and I look forward to that.  I have decided this is a no-diet trip lol.  Life is good.  God is good.  I have no  complaints.

Thank you to all of you who have left me very sweet comments about decorating, remodeling and well, just encouragement in general.  There are so many lovely people out there in blogland.

Merry Christmas from our house to YOURS!

"Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a saviour has been born to you; he is CHRIST THE LORD.  This will be a sign to you; You will find a baby wrapped in cloths lying in a manger."

Kristine

Thanks to Timeless Treasures Photography for the great photos of our children!


11 comments:

Mellodee said...

Very sweet photos for your card! Nice job....

Mellodee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I love your Christmas card and the photos of your sweeties! Life does sound good! Thanks for following...I'll be following, too! So nice to make a new blog friend!

Jeanette said...

Your kids are adorable! The card is perfect!

Katie said...

your pictures are adorable. thank you for stopping by Miss Dixie and for the nice comments! happy to find your blog! katie

classic • casual • home said...

Such a darling card, Kristine. Merry Christmas.

Amy, Jeff, LM, & Ashton said...

what a wonderful year you've had (and so glad the breast cancer scare was not "reality" in the end!)... the card is great...all the kids are beautiful but wow - the picture of your eldest daughter is model-worthy - she looks stunning!! have a great holiday in your new house!

Olive Cooper said...

Your kiddos are marvelous. One cruise tip. We ate in the dining room Most of the time where portions are reasonable and took the stairs all the time and did not gain an ounce but ate a lot of very good food. Have fun. I wish I was going♥

p.s. following you 2

Simone said...

I love Christmas cards too! I find it so sad that so many are resorting to e-cards - it's just not the same. We love the daily ritual of collecting the mail!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wonderful card filled with adorable photos! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Kim Abraham said...

Oh there you are! So glad you reminded me to come her to find your sweet family. ;0) Love the Christmas card!