Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Blog O' The Week #1

There are so many blogs out there and every once in a while you make a connection with someone very quickly.  It is always interesting to me what draws a person to your blog or what draws me to someone else's blog.  You can find others who decorate like you, who have children your children's age...or you just might read a post that touches your heart or find someone who you pray for regularly.  They may not ever know, or you might just leave them a message letting them know...or you just might "stalk" them for a while until you get up the courage to leave them a comment.  Am I right?  I started blogging many years ago when trying to adopt our 4th child from Russia.  We have one home grown and 3 children from Russia.  Did you know that?  Some of you may have.  It was a wonderful outlet for me to document the adoption process and to connect with others in the adoption world who could give me advice or encouragement.  After realizing that 4 children was enough (lol) I moved onto starting this blog about our newly renovated Lakeshore home.  And once again, I have met so many lovely ladies out there and a gentleman or two....ok, maybe just one. lol 

I always wait each week in the blog linky parties to see who is featured and I really enjoy visiting those features, but there are so many that go unrecognized and hardly visited for one reason or another to no one's fault.  Well, anyway, I decided...why couldn't I start mentioning a blog or two that I have found that I "connected" with? And in answering myself, I decided that it would be just fine. lol  (I talk to myself regularly). 

Sooooo, here goes, my first featured blogger:

Serendipity

Simone lives in Sydney, Australia and is a very crafty Momma.

You really must check out her blog and you really should FOLLOW her.

I found her when she posted about Reindeer Poop.  It sounds DEEEElicious. 
Click HERE to check it out for yourself.


Merry Christmas!

Kristine

12 comments:

dee dee said...

Kristine,
How wonderful to give a shout out to a fellow blogger! (I'm doing the same this weekend for my sister-in-law who just started in blogging!) Like you I have made so many wonderful connections and friends in blogging! I did not know that you adopted 3 of your beautiful children. I'll have to go back and catch up on your journey (I know so many that have adopted!) I have so enjoyed seeing your transformation on your lovely home and also getting to know you! Off to check out your recommended blog!
Have a great day!
Dee Dee

Simone said...

Kristine, How lovely to be your very first featured blog! I agree that it really is so lovely that we are all able to share and have a connection with others, people we have never met, often from the other side of the world! I love hearing of each others life journeys and sharing our daily routines and celebrations. Honoured to be featured!! Simone.

At The Picket Fence said...

I think this is such a lovely idea Kristine! I'm off to pay her a visit right now! :-)
Vanessa

linda keaveney said...

Such a huge compliment...and such a beautiful blog...just lovely..
will look forward to future posts..
cheers :o)

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

That is such a nice idea! I really like that you are doing this...and I know what you mean about connecting...what exactly is it? Thanks for commenting on my Branch Candle...most appreciated! xo

Redo 101 said...

Reindeer poop? I'm definitely going to have to visit her :) Thanks for visiting *me* and for your sweet comment. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Mary

Jacqueline said...

Mrs. Claus! I know there are so many of us out there in the real world - I think more than other Santa's helpers. I love that you can relate. We are such hard workers, we deserve a little recognition.

How fun to mention other bloggers. I try to make other people's things often and give a shout out too. It is so fun to learn new things from each other. Have a great week.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Kristine, What a great idea. I always love meeting new bloggers and often hop over to others that I just happen to read their comment on a blog I'm visiting. Loved learning a bit more about you and your sweet family. Blogging certainly does open up an entirely new world. I love the connection that so often I feel. Thanks for hopping over to visit me. I am so behind on visiting. Holidays are such a busy time, but I love to see what's going on in your part of the world. Have a wonderful Christmas! Going to visit your spotlight blogger. I have heard of reindeer poop, but hers looks like it is packaged so cute.

bj said...

What a sweet thing you are doing here.
I agree that there's so many ladies and gents here in Blogland that put their heart and soul into their blog..and they DO need to be featured so that we can all have a chance to meet them.
You came over and was impressed with a little gingerbread wreath...I, my new friend, am so impressed and honored to know you and your kind heart. Adopting and loving your kids shows such a big heart and a sweet spirit.
Thanks so much for coming by.
I am so glad to have a new friend.:)
xo bj

GrandmaK said...

Merriest of Christmases to you and have a wonderful week! Cathy

Robin said...

This is a new to me blog. Thanks for sharing it's always fun to find new places to visit.

Jen said...

What a wonderful idea to feature a new blog each week! I am off to pay them a visit!! And I am so glad you came to visit harrison HOME as I got to see you and your beautiful home!! Happy Holidays!