Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Living Room::Revisited


New pillows! From my last living room post you will remember that I was in need of some to freshen up the space.   I found these pillows and thought they would be great!  If you follow my blog, you know that I am trying to keep things less fussy and less formal at my house with 4 kids and these pillows seemed to be just the right fit for my plans.

I also added these little trunks and suitcase.  These  little trunks at the end of the couch are old doll trunks that my MIL had in her storage closet.  They stacked nicely for a little end table and they bring so much character to the living room don't you think?


A couple of weeks ago I did a living room Switcheroo and I changed it back to the original layout...I liked the way it opened things up more to the fireplace.  The previous arrangement seemed to block off the entrance to the room and didn't have a welcoming feel to it.



 There is a lot of light that pours into the room through our large windows which is really wonderful but not always the greatest for pictures....



 My collections...



 Here is a closer look at the doll chests.  I stacked them on this old suitcase...also found in my MIL's storage.  Shopping at her house is FUN! ;)

And that's it for now!  Hope you had a GREAT weekend!

Be sure to enter my GIVEAWAY for RAMSIGN.  Just 1 more day.


I'm linking up to:




Kristine

11 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

Your living room is lovely and has a pleasant, welcoming look! Your table vignette is so interesting, and the suitcase and doll cases are terrific!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful home you have! Love your suitcase table...sooo neat! :)

Elaine said...

I love your built-in shelves. I bet you had fun filling them up. Those doll suitcases are great, and make such a unique table! Thanks for sharing! I think your living room is lovely!

Allison Shops said...

Don't you just love built-in shelves?! Your room is lovely.

Dropping by from BNOTP.

Allison
Atticmag
Hidden Laundry

Savvy Seasons said...

What a lovely room and filled with so much character and charm. I love your coffee table vignette and the old suitcases. Your built in bookshelves and the way you have everything displayed is gorgeous. Well done! XO ~Liz

classic • casual • home said...

Those pillows are so fresh and comfortable looking.

jeanetteann said...

Love your collections,don't you just love recycling. x

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Looks great! Love the vintage suitcases. And also that lantern on your coffee table. Where did you get it? I'm looking for some but a little more narrow to go on my fireplace. Enjoy your week!

Sharon @ mrs. hines class said...

I love the color palette and the clean lines. I love the pillows and the trunks. I just love it all. Great space.
Please come visit my space some time.

Sharon

Jann Olson said...

Love, love the trunks! Sure wish I had a fun place like your MIL's to shop!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

A wonderful and welcoming room. I love the doll trunks - they have so much character and are a perfect accessory.