Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Mantel for the Family Room

A few weeks ago I updated my mantel in the family room and now I have again changed things around for Fall.  Some things were removed and some stayed the same.  There are so many beautiful mantels out there in blogland right now to gain inspiration from, don't you think?


The little arched window is new.  My Mother In Law had it stored away in her garage and was going to get rid of it yesterday!  My Father In Law told her that he watched Pickers on TV and just knew I would want it.  I rushed right over to their house when I heard and loaded it up along with many, many other things.  It is so fun to shop for FREE.  And it is special that it has meaning and some family history.  Evidently, the window came from a house that my MILlived in when she was little.  Just love the arched top.

It is already chippy and perfect and there is even a little latch still attached behind my dried arrangement...sorry it is hidden...you will have to just trust me on that one.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Don't forget to enter my First Giveaway:: RAMSIGN.


Would love to know what you think!

and
vif187
bws tips button

Kristine


6 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kristine your mantel looks beautiful, and the arched window is a great addition!! Martina

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Oh thank goodness they thought to give you that sweet little window. It is such a treasure and will look fantastic with all your mantel displays. I love the one you have up now.

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Kristine I really like the window you got from your MIL. It's so cute and charming, it fits perfectly on your fall mantle. I love having pieces that have family history to them, makes them more meaningful and special. Have a lovely night,
Rachel

Michele Smith said...

I like the window you got from your MIL. It goes well with your fall mantle.

carolinagirl said...

LOVE the window!!! Everything looks beautiful! I'm still lamenting summer being over here!

classic • casual • home said...

Thanks arched window is awesome. GREAT eye. Love the vignette.