Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living Room Switcheroo


I don't like to leave things the way they are very long and I have seen a few people in blog land change their coffee tables to a higher tea table.  Cote De Texas did a blog post on this recently and then Kim over at Savvy Southern Style made the switch in her beautiful sitting room as well.  They were all the encouragement and inspiration I needed.  I have been wanting my living room to look a little less formal and I found this table to add.  It is a more casual style than the one I had prior and sits quite a bit higher.  I like the way I can really pile on my collections now.


A few books and  a few collectables...


Something green and something shiny...
always candles...

I am now looking for  pillows...lots of them.
Pottery Barn has a few that are catching my eye.
Really, really wished I could sew.

So, what do you think?  Are you a coffee table girl or a tea table girl?


Kristine

13 comments:

Jenny said...

The room looks wonderful!

Jeanette said...

So pretty!! But I don't get how you protect all your "things" from the little fingers in your house!!! Grace would either redecorate for me or break everything!

Babs said...

Isn't it fun changing things around? Your table looks great. Have fun and Happy Fall.

Comeca Jones said...

Love the big green glass vase gorgeous!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

WOW that was the perfect find, it looks great! Martina

At The Picket Fence said...

I love the room with that new table Kristine! It adds such character especially with all of your beautiful accessories. Have you thought about trying to make some no-sew pillows? I know you could do it and you may get more bang for your buck! :-)
Vanessa

Shannon@FoxHollowCottage said...

There are so many pretty elemnts in your room. I love all the glass. It's so serene. Visiting from the linky party at No Minimalist Here

CalypsoInTheCountry said...

I love how the room looks with the new table and I love all of your accessories on it! I only have coffee tables in my house but the bigger table would probably be more practical. And as far as sewing goes...I wish! I can barely get the machine running! So pathetic! Have a great weekend!
-Shelley

KAT said...

beautiful and cozy...I love your fire place and it goes so well with the sofa color.
KAT

carolinagirl said...

i am constantly changing things. love the table!!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love your room. It is wonderful. I like the tea table height and I do love a table large enough to display a ton of things one. Beautiful vignette. Great changes too. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Nice changes. It's that time of year isn't it? Try etsy for pillows, some of those gals make great looking ones at nice prices too and I love helping those who work from home because I do too. I highly believe in it.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

So warm and inviting! I absolutely love your stacked stone fireplace!