Monday, August 29, 2011

MUDROOM Reveal

 When we first visited this house, the mud room was an area that excited me.  Even if it was filled with dirt, junk and smelled of old cat litter.  We pulled up all the carpet and put down new slate flooring and repainted all the surfaces.  We really enjoy coming into this space from the garage and side door now.
 Through this door you will find a walk-in pantry...not organized enough to show you...
another project for another day ;)
 This is one of my favorite things...my mother had a lady do a silhouette of me when I was a little girl.

 This desk was my granmother's desk and the two vintage prints above it were my husband's grandmother's.  We really love having family treasures.

All of the nesting dolls are from Russia and a few of the other wooden pieces are from Germany.

Their little smiling faces greet us when we walk through the door.

 You have probably seen this stool in another picture.  It was an estate sale find.  I thought it would be nice in here for the kids to sit on when they put on their shoes in the morning.

 Through this pocket door is the laundry room and a half bath.  Of course with all the time I have spent blogging lately, the laundry is piled up...so that will have to be another day as well.  The fish are just for fun.  What's a lake house without a couple of fish on your wall?



 We really like all the light that pours into this space from the door.
This rug was purchased by my parents when we were stationed in Saudi Arabia when my father was in the Army.  It has always been a favorite of mine with it's rich red tones.

And there you have it.  In case you are wondering...the desk is not always this clean...
just cleaned it up for YOU!  


Have a great day!

Kristine

23 comments:

Sherry said...

Your mudroom looks great! I love that stool. Thanks for coming by TCOH!
Sherry

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love it. What a fabulous mudroom. The table is gorgeous and so are the prints. I love family heirlooms and I am always so happy to see them used and loved. Your doll collection is stunning and beautifully arranged. Perfect little stool. That was a fabulous find. Great to find your blog and thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

HHL said...

Great mud room!!! I love that you have decorated it with items that bring fond memories when you enter...Happy Table Top Tuesday..HHL

Cindy said...

So nice to have a mud room and yours is wonderful! Visiting from Table Top Tuesday today :)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

The mud room looks stunning! Love the stool. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your mud room is Beautiful, you did a great job putting this all together good job.I also love your dolls!!
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape,and for your pray's for my friend Melanie!! She is a sweet lady,wife and Mother of two beautiful girl's.
XXOO Diane

Toni said...

Your mudroom is perfect. Everything you need and nothing you don't. I also collect nesting dolls, but don't nearly as many as you. Yet!

Michele Smith said...

Your mudroom looks fantastic! I love that desk and your silhouette.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I remember a mudroom I had once upon a time in an old farmhouse in Pennsylvania. It was (to be polite) shabby compared to your elegant makeover. What a lovely place to enter your home!

FEELING RED

I am feeling red today—
Better that than blue, they say.

Red is such a cheery shade,
Sweetest color ever made,

Brightens everything you do—
Better red, they say, than blue!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Dragon!

LV said...

Mud or no mud, it is a very nice room. I love the way you are displaying all your little dolls.

Diann said...

Your mudroom turned out beautiful! What a great collection of stacking dolls!

Kay Ellen said...

Pretty pretty!!
What a cute collection of Russian Dolls you have!!

Happy Rednesday:))

Kay Ellen

At The Picket Fence said...

That is seriously fantastic Kristine! So beautiful and yet so fun too with all of the nesting dolls lined up on the shelf. You are truly doing such an amazing job transforming your home and every room you share is gorgeous! :-)
Vanessa

lvroftiques said...

That's one beautiful mudroom! Sheesh I wish I even had a mudroom! *winks* Vanna

Coley said...

looks great, I LOVE that stool!

Bunny Jean said...

Happy space! That looks like a nice area to transition from the garage to the living area.

I would like to invite you to my Wednedsay's Bunny Hop Party :)

xoxo Bunny Jean
@ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
(my MAIN blog)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

No problem that you linked up twice...I'm really glad you came! This is so inviting...all the personal touches are just perfect. You have such a lovely way of putting a room together...well done.

Teresa said...

Love your mudroom, I so wish I had a mudroom :(

Sherry said...

Thanks for joining HSH!
Sherry

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Kristine, what a pretty mudroom! I love the floor and the collection of ?Russian? nesting dolls! We have a few of them as well and I love the idea of displaying them en masse. What a nice spot to come home to.

Christine said...

Looks great! Can you tell me which color paint you painted your mud room? Thanks!

Christine said...

Looks great! Can you tell me the color paint please? Thanks!

carrie said...

I'd also love to know what color paint is on the walls, pretty pretty please? I love your whole house.