Monday, August 29, 2011

More Antique Store Finds

Girls, if I keep shopping at the antique stores my husband is never going to let me buy dining room chairs...sigh.  But I just had to have these two little items...I just couldn't leave them there...

First, I found this glass buoy and I really liked the color as well as the knots in the rope...



and second, I found this adorable squirrel nut cracker...great for fall decor which I hope to put more of out soon...after Labor Day.

 He still works too!



I am truly addicted to hitting the local antique stores lately. 
There are so many fun things to discover and I love the prices!
We head to Oklahoma this weekend to see family and my husband said he'll take me to the old family barn to shop for free...and little does he know...I CAN'T WAIT!  He just thought he was being funny...
I'll show him. ;)

I'm linking up to:
Table Top Tuesday


 
Kristine

5 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Love the squirrel. I agree he is going to look so cute with your fall decor. Lucky you going shopping in your husband's family barn - that would be a dream come true for me as well.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your vignette is stunning. I love the whole things. The painting, squirrel, topiary and the shells. Fabulous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Honey at 2805 said...

Your little squirrel was quite a find! Good for you and have fun shopping at the barn this weekend!

Hope you will bring one of your posts to my first Potpourri Friday Party this week - Friday, September 2. Link-up starts on Thursday afternoon. Without a doubt, your participation will help make the party better!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

The little squirrel is so cute. Love all your vignettes. Beautiful setting.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Michele Smith said...

CUTE!!! Love that little squirrel. I've been on the lookout for those fishing float thingies.
Great finds.