Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Merry Christmas in JUNE

The home we just sold was my dream home.  I always said that as soon as it went up for sale, we would buy it.  "What makes you think we will like the inside?" my husband would always respond.  I just knew I would.
So sure enough, the DAY it went on the market my husband was out of town and I headed over to look at it with our realtor.  We made an offer.  Two weeks later we made another offer.  The house was ours.
8 and a half years later it now belongs to another beautiful family.  We closed on the house the Friday before Memorial Day weekend and they moved in the very same day. They love the house already as well.  I will always love this house and will always cherish the memories we had there.  Christmas was my favorite time to decorate this home with its red walls and charm.   In 2009 we hosted an open house to raise money for a family adopting from Ethiopia and I took a lot of pictures.  I would love to share them with you so that you can see the house for yourself.








































I hope you enjoyed the home tour.  This house is so amazing.  I was so blessed to get to live there!  I know that sounds silly, but it is truly how I feel.  I know God has blessed us once again with a beautiful home that we will get to build memories in, but Park Lane will always hold a special place in my heart.  Have you had a home you have felt that way about?

I would love to know what you think.  Linking up to:

Merry Christmas in June,

Kristine

7 comments:

Natasha said...

I can see why you love that stunning home so much, especially at Christmas! You have certainly created a warm and welcoming home and I love the way each and every room has been lovingly decorated for Christmas.

I am sure that the warmth you created there will be created wherever you live.

Best wishes always,
Natasha.

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Beautiful home,and you are making me want to drag out Christmas decor and start decorating.

Aledia said...

Such a lovely home, isn't it nice that memories last a lifetime? I hope you will find your new home as memorable as this one! Have a Plum Perfect week!!

Mecky said...

How beautiful. I sure needed some Christmas this morning. I was only outside for a short time to water and I came in soaked!! It's already too hot today!!

Moogie said...

I'm your newest follower. Thank you for this wonderful tour.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Those red walls make the house seem warm and cozy.

COLOR DILEMMA

Yellow or red—which shall it be?
Red for you and yellow for me?

Perhaps you’d rather have yellow instead—
Which leaves me, of course, with handfuls of red!

Whichever hue you decide to choose,
I’ll take the other—no one will lose!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Flag over USS Arizona

The Barefoot Crofter said...

it was a beautiful home Kristine - and i loved to see those pictures. Your new home will be so special too - full of love - that is what gives a house it's soul.
Exciting times. xx