Monday, June 6, 2011

Hallway/Sitting Area Before and After Reveal

Phew!  It is hot here and Summer has begun with all the kids home and the Mom Bus is busier than ever!  Gymnastics, swim lessons, golf, baseball, softball, t-ball, sleepovers, swim parties...you know the routine I am sure.

So we have finished another area...the hallway.  We also would love to announce that we sold our other home and closed on it the Friday before Memorial Day.  What a wonderful relief that was to be the owners of only one home.  It was not the financial burden but more the responsibility of managing two homes that was so daunting.  So now we can focus on our lives here on the lake.  We are purging some stuff and reorganizing and that feels good too.  Always good to get rid of things you don't need and give them to someone else who can use them, right?

I am excited to post pictures of our previous home and will do that soon.  I loved that place and will miss it dearly.  A beautiful family purchased it and they will love it as much as we do.

Ok. so on to the hallway and sitting area transformation...

Here is the BEFORE:

This was all stuff that was left in the home upon closing that we bagged up and got rid of...what a mess!


 and here it is AFTER




 This little basket is from TJ Maxx and the linen piece I found at a local antique store.  The nesting doll is from Moscow, Russia and the sea shells are part of a collection that my mother started when we were in Panama.  Just a few treasures.

 This cute little table was found recently at an estate sale here in town and I thought it matched my chairs perfectly, don't you think so too?
Wall Paint is Kilim Beige by Sherwin Williams
Trim Paint is Shoji White by Sherwin Williams

The unframed oil on canvas was a painting that my mother started just before she passed away from pancreatic cancer.  I just love it and it reminds me of her life...unfinished yet beautiful.

I hope you like it and look forward to reading what you think!
Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  We have been doing a little of this...

I am joining these fun parties!


Kristine

20 comments:

Shelia said...

HI Kristine! OH, your sitting area turned out to be a gorgeous spot! I'm in love with your chairs!! Yes, the little table looks like it was meant to sit between the chairs. Hope you can sit donw now and enjoy this pretty spot.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Nicole said...

Oh, I love it!!!! The table looks like it matches the chairs perfectly! I am writing down the paint colors too!
It looks beautiful! Especially, the painting by your Mom.
Nicole

Jeanette said...

Love it!!!! Love the painting and the meaning behind it. Great find on the table!!!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Those chairs and the view out the window are beautiful. But nothing can top a painting by your own dear Mom.

Liz said...

What a wonderful transformation! What is up with people leaving all there garbage? I don't get that. I would be mortified! You did such a good job and your Mom's painting has a special spot too. The lighting is just awesome. Thanks for sharing....

Have a great week!
~Liz

Liz said...

oops... I meant their...not there.
~Liz

mississippi artist said...

This is lovely. The table looks like it came with the chairs!The painting is perfect on that wall.

Linda said...

Wow! what a mess that was left behind.
Your hallway is beautiful.Those chairs are familiar to me. My parents had the same ones. I wish I had them now. Back then these were ugly. I wanted everything modern.
Funny how times change.

Barb said...

It all looks so beautiful - I'm jealous!

I've missed hanging out with you in Blogland!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Such a wonderful area and your sitting area is stunning. Love the chairs. They are fabulous. You've done such a wonderful job. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Honey at 2805 said...

Your sitting are is wonderful. Everything looks perfect!

southerninspiration said...

how beautiful!! What a nice spot now!!
Suzanne

Stacey said...

That turned out beautifully! The hugs bottle on the chest in the background is catching my attention too. :)

Tardevil said...

I keep staring at your profile picture trying to figure out if you live near me, since the name of my daughter's school is similar to your blog name and we're at Lake Norman. Loved looking at your Christmas pictures. I was sad to leave my SC house and move here. Was there only a year, and I will never forget the sunroom I finally left and had to leave. Love your mom's painting. What a special gift she left you.

Tardevil said...

Oh, and BTW, I've had Kilim beige on my stair wall for 6 months trying to decide whether to have the downstairs painted that color. Looks great in your house, so maybe now I can get motivated. ;o)

kimberly.labate said...

oh wow, your chairs are beautiful and so is the little table!

i cant tell you how pleased i am to see a reveal where the wood hasnt been painted and then distressed and the chairs re-done in a grain sack!!!!

Anonymous said...

Been there done that with the mommy stuff. My son will be 39 in Oct
saughter will be 32 in July
Now I have grandbabies.
Use to have a mommy van 10 yrs ago
I treated myself to a vehicle
just for me a Red Corvette.

Pamela
Ohio

classic • casual • home said...

You are such a busy mom...where did you find the time to create such a lovely, welcoming room?

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh I love your pretty sitting area!! So glad to hear you are enjoying Summer already and have sold your old home! Have a great weekend!

At The Picket Fence said...

Kristine, everything you do just turns out so beautifully! You really have the knack for creating warm and welcoming spaces and this hallway is no exception. It is such a lovely grouping you have created...even your hallways are gorgeous! :-) Thanks for sharing this with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday...sorry we are just getting around to thanking you but we hope you know how much we love having you link up!
Vanessa
P.S. Congrats on selling your old home!