Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Estate Sale Finds

Recently, I went to an estate sale here in town and found some really fun items.  One of them I posted about in my sitting area reveal...the table that matched my chairs perfectly!

Here it is again.


this little mirror was a perfect fit for my sitting room wall as well...it was just the right size and snatched it right up for 8.00 when I saw it...

I also found these little stools...aren't they cute?  I think they will be great for many things, but right now I really like them in my living room...please excuse the poor picture quality.

they are just perfect just the way they are with a few worn edges...no paint going on these babies...


I also found this other side table and really loved the legs on it...still trying to decide if this one will get painted...I know painted furniture is really "in" right now...but I love the look of wood...I think it gives my already light background some depth, especially with the ivory curtains, all the sunlight and the lighter floors and walls.

One of my favorite finds was out in the sunroom of the home tacked up to the wall..an old horshoe coal sack.
I have it hung now in the half bath and I just love all of the worn edges, water stains and character.  Isn't it fun?
Yes, that is a Pottery Barn magazine you see...I like to keep books and magazines handy to grab when I head out to the pool to watch my sweeties swim.

I do love a good estate sale...I think this lady and I could have been friends...she had many, many really great things.  She was obviously a traveler.  You should have seen all of her posters and sea shells...and the house was amazing with all of its woodwork, charm and character. 

I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!

I'm linking to The Nester...make sure you go and see the other finds that folks have posted!

Kristine

18 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my word, I love all of your finds and I would have wanted them all also. Fantastic tables and I love the wood, the mirror is stunning. Such character. Hugs, Marty

Barb said...

Those are great items you found! Love, love, love them!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Great finds! Love the table and grainsack!

Andrea said...

Love it all, especially the mirror! You have a great eye.

carolinagirl said...

My absolute FAVORITE is that mirror!!!! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

i'm with you! don't get me wrong, i love me some painted furniture, but some before and afters i've seen on blogs make me want to cry! i can't bear to paint over pretty wood.

Fabiana said...

I love the mirror too! Wow $8! All your finds are beautiful...great job!

ciao from Newport Beach

I am a new follower!

Fabiana said...

Thanks for checking our my blog. Along with our 2 dogs and cat we have 4 kids too! Lot's in common...and I love your thrifty-crafty ways!

Love Of Quilts said...

Oh I love the last table you showed. I agree it is to pretty to paint. Trish

stefanie said...

wowie!!! those are the best finds every...I have had no!!! luck lately.
thanks so much for the sweet!!! comment on my blog!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Boy did you hit the jackpot! LOVE the little stool with the rush seat. You are a lucky girl to live on the water...hope you are having a great summer. I always loved it over those summer months when I had my kids all to myself during the day. It goes by quickly...enjoy!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Awesome finds! I'm glad to hear someone else say they like the look of wood. Love your little table!

House Revivals said...

You found some treasures! I'm feeling just a tiny tad envious :)
~Amanda

mississippi artist said...

I am with you, I love dark wood furniture-no blond for me! I do have a few painted pieces, but I would NEVER paint a dark piece of wood furniture unless it was beyond help. I love all your finds and they are perfect in your home.

A.D. said...

Very nice! I especially love that last table with all the legs. Don't paint it ~ it's perfect as-is.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

isn't hunting estate sales fun?!

good finds!


kelly

Natasha said...

Wow, I love that mirror! You sure do know how to spot a bargain!

Thanks so much for popping by and for voting for my flower at BHG. That really means a lot to me!

Best wishes and happy week,
Natasha.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Wow! You found great things! Love the coal sack! So unique. It's so nice when you stumble upon a great sale.