Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Did you happen to see...

this table in the pictures taken at closing?


Well, we gave the chairs to a couple who had an auction
and we found two leaves that go to it...AND decided we might be able to do something with it thanks to the help of Marion at  Miss Mustard Seed who graciously took the time to look at pictures of the table and give me some advice and also Kim at Savvy Southern Style who helped me find a supplier for chalk paint.

Yes, I    well, I mean we.....ok, who am I kidding...my husband has agreed to paint the table for me.
He has sanded most of it and tried to get it to a point to stain the top, but this table has been tricky...so we are going to paint the entire thing.  Kim helped me to decide how many coats of paint and wax would be needed for the top...she suggested 3 coats on a heavily used table.  The blonde white-washed wood just doesn't match anything in our house.  We have dark wood antiques...I am a dark wood gal...or painted wood...and I don't really have too much of that, but I was willing to give this table a try.  After all...it is sturdy and it was FREE.

I ordered my CHALK PAINT today, with wax and brushes from


or here is the http


They were super helpful and even called me back to answer some questions after I had left a message.

I am very excited to get all the supplies and put my sweet husband to work.  I can't wait to show you the after pics...and I will take some along the way to show you how we did it.  I don't think we are going to do any sanding or distressing....just simple thick coat of paint.  We are going conservative.  I am going to try to find a full set of antique chairs to sit around the table...I think it will seat 10-12 with both leaves!

I am thinking something like this for chairs...


 
I have already located 3 at an antique store for a good price...just 7 to 9 more to go...LOL
I think these may get painted too...trying to decide on the color.

Can you believe someone would just leave all of this stuff?

Thanks again to Marion and Kim and to all of you who I have totally stalked while you went before me with your chalk paint brushes.  Let's hope this turns out!

I'm linking up to
The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday!
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday


Kristine


6 comments:

24 Corners said...

I think the table is going to look wonderful Kristine...it actually has some nice detailing, and those chairs...LOVE! The remind me of old library chairs...they're perfect!
Best with the whole project...
xo J~

The Pennington Point said...

You will be so in love with your home after all of this is done. The table will look marvelous. I'm with you on the light wood...I never liked it for my house. I'm enjoying looking back through all you have done on your house. Good job! Lisa~

carolinagirl said...

I cannot wait to hear about the chalk paint. I'd really love to try it out as well.

Love the table.

I'd love to find something like it and paint it for our patio. We need a bigger table now that Emma is here.

At The Picket Fence said...

It is going to look just gorgeous Kristine! And those chairs are fantastic. :-)
Vanessa

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Can't wait to see how the table comes out. I have a can of chalk paint I still haven't opened...need to get busy!

chasity said...

it's going to be FABULOUS!!
good luck~ and have fun!