Thursday, March 31, 2011

An Award and Spring Flowers

Alison at The Polo House was very kind and sent  a little award my way. 


Ok, first of all ladies and gentlemen, have you seen her blog?  She has the most beautiful home...you really must go and check it out HERE.

I have really enjoyed the pictures she has posted and all of her inspiration.  Her kitchen is amazing.

Thank you Alison!


To accept this award the recipients are asked to do a few things.

Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award. Check.

Share 7 things about yourself

Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award

Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award

*** I have so many bloggers that I would like to pass this on to, but so many of you have No Awards Posted on your blog so I think that I will just say that I would like to direct you to my blog listing...there are some really fabulous blogs on there!  They are all STYLISH and I find inspiration from all of them.***
Sorry to be a dead end for the award...I just can't choose!

But I will share 7 things about myself just in case any of you are curious.

1.  I am a child of God.  Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour. 

2.  I have 4 beautiful children.  Our first son was a true miracle due to infertility issues and the next 3 were miracles that are from Russia.  2 boys and 2 girls...11,8,6 and 2.  I adore them all and am blessed to be their Momma.  And I have a husband who ROCKS!

3.  I love orphans and want everyone to adopt.  I always say.."You are never too old to adopt, unless you are dead".  I know God doesn't call everyone to adopt, but He does call us all to help care for the orphans.

4.  My father was an Army officer and we have travelled the world.  Although moved every 2 to 3 years growing up it allowed me to see the world, numerous cultures and to watch my mother collect many beautiful things which have been passed down to my sister and myself.  Overseas, we  have lived in Panama, Thailand and even Saudi Arabia.

5.  My mother died of pancreatic cancer at a very young age 10 years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss her terribly.  God blessed us with my nephew who was born on the very same day my mother passed away.  Isn't He good?

6.  I like Lipton's black iced tea and drink a lot of it....I especially like it unsweetened with lemon and adore it with lemon cake and fresh strawberries.

7.  I am an occupational therapist and for many years prior to children I worked in long term care facilities.  I loved it and really enjoy working with the elderly.

Ok...that about sums it up for now.  Thank you again Alison for the very sweet award!  I really don't think of myself as Stylish...especially sitting here in my pajamas at 2:00 in the afternoon.  But I guess no one can see me right?

On to the flowers part of this post...



The sun is finally shining today and everything is warming up just a little.  These spring flowers have found their way into my pots on the front porch and they sure do brighten my day.  All of these flowers have withstood cold weather beautifully...even a light snowfall the other day!

Well,  am a day late, but I am linking up to Susan's Outdoor Wednesday link party.  There are really some amazing outdoor photos on this blog and I really love participating.

XO,


5 comments:

Aaron said...

How neat! My dad's a retired Army officer too! My husband and I also have a heart to adopt. No formal plans yet, but it's hopefully something that'll happen down the road for us, God willing.
Thanks for following my little blog!

Aaron said...

I got so caught up in reading your post that I completely forgot that I came over here to answer the question you left on my post. I don't really have a good answer for you. I haven't taken the keys off to see if there's been any damage so I don't really know hot glue affects metal. I'm not sure if I'd risk it if the coins had any value.

mo said...

Hi Kristine, You have just given me a great idea for another graphic!!!

*Award Dead-End* and refer to one's own blog list!!!

Brilliant you are girl!

Besides, you love lavender.

Way to go. I adore this post.

*hugs*

mo

carolinagirl said...

loved reading your 7 things! i am not sure that i knew your mother passed. i am so sorry! i'm sure you've read that i lost my father three years ago (in 3 weeks). it's heartbreaking. i know that pain! love to you!

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh Kristine, I just loved getting to know you a little bit better through this post! The funny thing is, that most of these things you shared just confirmed what I felt in my gut about you...your heart for your family, for God and for creating a welcoming home. Did you know that I am also an adoptive mom twice over? :-) Thank you for sharing your heart with us!
Vanessa