Friday, January 7, 2011

More Progress…

Today, I took a couple of my best friends through the house…you will see them in the pics.  After an embarrassing walk-in on a painter in the bathroom and a few good laughs we had a fun walk-through!  I promise I didn’t see anything! lol
001
As you can see they got a primer coat on the new fireplace mantle and they are doing a new door for the little cubby next to it for the fireplace supplies.  Below you will see that the formal living room has a fresh coat of silvery blue (SW Samovar Silver). 002 003
Anyone need a mantle?

Below you will see the new sub-floor in the sunroom.
005 
And here you will see the new opening to the basement stairs.  These stairs were so dark and we are hoping that this will spill some light.  We are also hanging a new light in this space which should brighten things quite a bit.
006
Another shot of the opening in the stairs…
007 008
I wanted to give you an idea what the slate flooring looks like.  It is pretty dirty from the ceiling work which has been done down in the basement, but you can get an idea anyway.
010
And the hallway is coming along nicely.
 011 012
It’s very cold here but the view of the lake is lovely….really the reason we purchased this home to begin with.  I hope you will go to the very beginning post and check out the MLS photos of this house to see how far we have come just since November!  Have a great weekend.
XXX,
Kristine

9 comments:

mississippi artist said...

Wow, you are coming along really fast now. Looking good.

carolinagirl said...

LOVE it all...so far! Love that color...reminds me of my kitchen only a little bit darker. Awesome job so far!

Lance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

It looks like you have a very good start!

Heidi said...

It looks like the transformation is coming along! I love the slate on the floor too! (visiting from Funky Junk SNS)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

What a fabulously exciting time for you, Kristine! Don't you just love the smell of freshly cut wood and the pounding of a hammer? Means great things to come! All your daylight in the sunroom is awesome!!

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Kristine~ It is looking gorgeous already! I love the silvery blue color- beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more-Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Christine said...

Looks really nice! visiting from Funky Junk Interiors

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart said...

Hi Kristine! It is just so fun to "meet" new folks here in blogland and I am thrilled that you found the Inspiration Friday party and linked up! I did scroll down and read your other posts, all the way back to the MLS pics and let me just say...WOW!! I can absolutely see why you were so drawn to this home (the lake views are incredible!) and how you are working hard to help it live up to its full potential. I love the paint colors you are choosing and the mantle is gorgeous. We have similar slate in our home and I love it! I can't wait to see more of the transformation and hope to see more from you at future Inspiration Friday parties!
Blessings,
Vanessa