Sunday, January 9, 2011

Master Bathroom and Closet

Brace Yourselves.
This was the master bathroom prior to the remodel start.  Behind the glass door was a sunken tub…really sunken.
Yes, that is carpet.  You would not believe what was left in the trash can.  I am trying to forget everything that I found. 
023
I’ll give you a nice close up of the tub.
024
There you go.  How’s that?  Yes.  I know….pretty bad.
 025
Well, I couldn’t very well leave out the other half of the tub could I?
I wouldn’t want you to miss out.
Now I will show you the master bath as of today…
The bathroom was gutted.  The floor in the tub area was raised.
051
And here you will see the new tiled walk in shower.  The new dry wall all around really helped this area and the window will get a nice new blind or curtain of some kind…no peaking!
052
 050
Here you will see the new entrance way to the shower and in this area, a double sink will be installed with new cabinetry.  I chose a matching floor tile to the shower tile and had it all laid in a brick pattern.  I am hoping the cabinets will be in this week!
Below you will see the AFTER of the master walk-in closet.  This is such a huge improvement.  There are many built-ins in this closet which was truly one of the only features of this house that we didn’t tear out.  They will be really nice.  I am just hoping my husband lets me have most of it! lol
You can’t see from this picture, but there are built-ins to the left and right.  Sorry, I will try to get a better shot next time.
053
And here is the closet prior to the remodel start.  Yes!  he left all of these suits and clothes.  The previous owner moved to Hawaii and must not have needed these suits any longer.  Don’t worry, we didn’t toss them.  We donated them to a men’s shelter and I hope they were able to use them for interviews, etc.
Oh and yes, we did check the pockets ;)

022
I am hoping to see a lot of progress this week at the house so I hope you will check back.  I will post pictures as soon as I can. 
Please check my sidebar for all of the wonderful blog parties going on this week.  There are so many talented ladies out there.  I hope you will visit a few and get some great inspiration.  I know I will!  Thank you to those of you who have left comments, encouragement and who have clicked on the Follow button.  It is nice to see your smiling faces when I open up the blog.
XXX,
Kristine

4 comments:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Looks like it is coming together!!! Congrats - you are going to make it beautiful!

Custom Comforts said...

That bathroom is just plain creepy. Even in it's drywall stage it is 100% better. I can hardly wait to see the finished room!
Cindy

Boogieboard Cottage said...

Hi Kristine! Thank you for linking up to Masterpiece Monday. Your pictures remind me of when we first bought our home, it was a fixer-upper. Someone had put linoleom floor tile on the wooden ceiling beam!And our bathroom was pretty sad too. Take care, Mary :O)

sheri said...

wow wow wow. I have lived through all of what you're doing 3x and am on my 4th reno right now. GAH - it will bring you to tears and give you the most satisfaction at the same time. Kind of like childbirth LOL. I love your palette. I chose a sand and water color when we re-painted this last house in august. Unfortunately, i had to go out of town on business and the hubs got the paint - and got the wrong blue. I had more silvery blue in mind and he came home with...not that. and proceeded to put it up. And i have kept my mouth shut with the intent to paint it over during one of his business trips...shhhh.... :)