Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kitchen Update

Well, I braved the floor sander and the dust just for YOU!  They let me into the kitchen for a couple of veeeeeeerrrry quick photos.   And, I got to meet with the electrician although he was very nice, he is going to have to lower a few lights for me.  I was so sorry but I like them lower…and he was very kind to oblige.  Thankfully, he had not cut the wire or the chain so it will all work out.  It is funny how some of the men who have worked on the house look at me like I am crazy about some of the choices I have made.  Girls, they just don’t read the blogs I do! lol  I know some stuff.  OR I just think I do. lol
Ok, once again I am just babbling away and am sidetracked by my own crazy, random thoughts.
Here are a few kitchen shots:
My new shelves which will soon be painted white…
006 007and here is a side shot.  I just love these and am already thinking about all the junk treasures I will load these babies up with.  I told them to make sure they were stuuuuuurdy.
008and here is a shot of my cabinets. 
I wanted clean lines and dark stain. 
Originally, I wanted white and that is what is in my inspiration notebook.  I think white will have to come later in life.  I am trying to keep my house very casual for the kids right now.  Our house now is a little fussy and I am ready to relax a little and not worry so much.  If they wipe a chocolate hand on these, I won’t see it for  while ;)  They are rustic oak.  My contractor calls them Peruvian…lol.  He says they look like something you would find in a shed in the Peruvian jungle.  He thinks he is funny.  I wanted a “country” type of look…and I have seen many English cottage pics with oak cabinets in a dark stain and I think they are so lovely and welcoming….so that is what I went for.  White cabinets with a sparkly chandelier will be a few years down the road.  Don’t get me wrong…I will still have some sparkle and bling bling in this kitchen too…so be sure to check back!
I thought I would pop back in and post a few before photos of the kitchen:
002 003 004 005
We have come a looooooong way since November.  I still can’t believe that all of this was just left when we took possession of the house.  I am glad that the mess is gone and all that is behind us.
XXX,
Kristine

13 comments:

Over-Caffeinated X 4 said...

Um, Kristine, I hate to bring this up, but you are starting to chase chickens too! :) I have laughed at your train of thought in these posts. Maybe you need a little rooster on those shelves, just to remind you! :) Love ya!

carolinagirl said...

LOVE.THOSE.SHELVES!!! And yes, I constantly wipe down my "antique" white cabinets...I mean daily! I'm neurotic about it, but you do see EVERYTHING. It all looks great so far! Those before photos are soooooo bad!

SavannahGranny said...

It seems that you really had your work cut out for you. I love the shelves. the supports are awesome. Were they custom made? I agree with you on the cabinets. That seems a good choice with children.Ginger

Vanessa@Southern In My Heart said...

Hi! Oh, I so hear you on the cabinet color issue! I went from a house with white cabinets which I LOVED to one with a dark cherry stain which doesn't show every single speck of dirt, which I also LOVE. Such a dilemma! :-) I think your home is just going to be so beautiful with the direction you are headed in and I can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing this update at the party this week!
Vanessa
P.S. I always say to myself "a man must have done that" when I discover that things were done in a strange way when our house was built! LOL!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your kitchen is starting to look fabulous! What an amazing transformation from the before. Love the exposed brick wall and your shelves. Lovely cabinet choice, too. Hope you enjoy your new kitchen!

Jeanette said...

I was way behind on this blog!!! Looks fantastic! I can't wait for the finish!!!! You must be so busy! I can't imagine making all those decisions for every room with 4 kids.... good job!!

Nicole said...

I have found you! I said she must be posting the end results!!!!
I am marking you into my favs!
I love those shelves!!!!!
Can not wait to see the finished product!
Nicole

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ This project is looking so exciting!! I think the cupboards will look fantastic and can't wait to see more! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Kathy@ Gone North said...

My Oh My!!! You have quite the project going on. It looks fabulous so far.
I just read thru a little of your delightful blog & am your newest follower. This is going to be fun to watch...
(stopping by from My Romantic Home:)

House Revivals said...

Your kitchen reno is miles ahead of mine! I like your cabinet choice -- definitely lower maintenance with kids running around.

My kitchen reno is still at the demo stage -- and now on hold for a couple weeks while we raise the whole house about nine feet.

~Amanda

dee dee said...

Oh boy, it's looking so great! Can't wait to see more!
Dee Dee

Beverly said...

How fun! Your home is on it's way to awsome.. I love the foyer.. your comments made me laugh.. funny how someone can create an image in your mind with words. I am your newest follower and can't wait to see your progress. Stop by sometime.

kate said...

In the FOYER REDO, where did you get that GIANT glass vase? It's gorgeous!!
Kate