Monday, January 3, 2011

Fireplace Makeover

Well, it is not finished yet, but thought I would show you what they did with the fireplace today.  Isn’t this new mantle beautiful?  It will be painted white like the other trim in the house, but I think it really helps to break up the brick wall, don’t you? 044 This is a BEFORE shot of the fireplace just after we took possession of the home.  It makes me cringe that this mantle was just being held up with about 4 nails!  All of the kids sat under that mantle many times prior to this discovery.  It is a good thing that the contractor found out about it…poor little sweetie could have gotten squished! 008057
And another angle of it…much better!  Attached to the wall and everything…
Also, did you notice the wood floors?  they will be sanded and finished in the next couple of weeks after the kitchen cabinets arrive.
There’s more to come so check back in soon!
Kristine

7 comments:

carolinagirl said...

I Love It! Keep posting those befores and afters!!!

Amy, Jeff, LM, & Ashton said...

this is incredible! you clearly have remarkable vision and this home is going to be a masterpiece filled with love and smiles....

Mrs. Brittany said...

Oh this is wonderful! :) AWESOME! ah! I'm excited! keep posting pics!-Brittany, http://lifeyasadiywifey.blogpspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a difference the new mantle makes! I LOVE it! Please keep posting pics! I just love seeing them!!

Anonymous said...

PS. That last 'anonymous' post was from me! I can't remember my blogger password! (I can't believe it has been so long since I've been on! LOL)

Your ideas for the new house are AMAZING!!

Love ya,
Jenelle

electric fireplace said...

I think that You have to surf your fireplace. I like most wood which attached to wall. I wish that Your next project work very well.

Stacy, Pat and Aidan said...

Kristine,
This is going to be a beautiful home!!! I love it. . .what an inspiration. . .we're thinking about buying property and keep going back and forth between lake and river--Lake Gaston is on the VA NC border and the other is between the Potomac and Rappahannock Rivers near the Chesapeake Bay--both excellent weekend locations. . .I'll keep you posted! I love what your doing here. . .